piątek, 28 marca 2008

"Rhett Butler's People"



It's a shame on me that as a true, faithful lover of "Gone With The Wind" (the book and the movie, as well) I did not know that there something new I should take notice of immediately when it came out to appear in public!

"Rhett Butler's People" is a novel fully authorized by the Margaret Mitchell estate. The book emphasizes on Rhett Butler rather than Scarlett O'Hara. Maybe because the first attempt to bring the sequel to life (Alexandra Ripley wrote it in the early 90s) was not worth the original. Maybe also because it was entitled "Scarlett" and it was mostly about the leading female character. From the book by Mitchell we know almost all on Scarlett, but there is so much to to find the anwers on Rhett. He was always the kind of man I'd love to have in my life. A tough lover, as in the title of Etta James' song. A man who would fight for you but who would also eagerly kick you in the ass and made you begging for more... Though lover, yeah, yeah, yeah, tough lover, ouuuuh...

This new book is another attempt to make appear an original-worthy GWTW sequel. I truly count on Polish publishers so they would publish it in Poland in our language, though I must say that I'm not sure if I want be disappointed. I will try to wait a little bit, but I'm not the first patient one in here, so it's quite likely I will purchise the one in the original language.

Want to learn more? Click here.

Brak komentarzy: